The CPCU Society’s Reinsurance Interest Group sponsors an annual reinsurance symposium, and we wanted to let you know about the next one scheduled forThursday, March 14, 2013 with a cocktail reception on the 13th.
The panelists and speakers are all lined up.
- Frank Nutter (RAA) will be leading an executive panel consisting of Steve McElhiney (President, EWI Re), John Keane (VP and Chief Operating Officer of Nonprofits Insurance, Alliance Group) John Vasturia (President, Regional Clients, Munich Re), and Jean-Paul Conoscente (Chief Underwriting Officer , SCOR Re).
- Guntram Werther (Professor of Strategic Management, Fox School of Business, Temple University) will be speaking on “When Black Swans Aren’t: Improving Extreme Risk, Large Impact and Rare Event Foresight and Assessment”
- Mark Way (Director of Sustainability and Political Risk Management, Swiss Re) will be speaking on “Global Climate Change”
- William Dubinsky (Managing Director, Head of Insurance-Linked Securities, Willis Capital Markets & Advisory) will be speaking on “Insurance Linked Securities CAT Bonds”
- During lunch we will recognize the most recent graduates of The Institutes Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) program, and we will hear from Michael E. Angelina, ACAS, MAAA (Executive Director, Academy of Risk Management & Insurance, Erivan K. Haub School of Business, Saint Joseph's University) who will speak on “Engaging the Next Generation: Perspective on the Opportunities and Challenges that Lie Ahead for the Insurance Industry and College Recruitment”
The symposium is being held at the Union League of Philadelphia – and the program will end no later than 4 PM.
We did not increase our prices over last year – $325 for CPCU members, and $350 for non-members. What’s more we added a group rate – $250 per person – for groups of four or more registering together from any one organization.