We are well into planning our next annual Educational Tour. The tour will take place in Bermuda beginning Monday, May 4th and our last meeting will be on Thursday, May 7th.
As many of you are aware, this will be the ninth annual tour for the RU40s Group! Previous tour locations have included:
- Bermuda – 2014 & 2017
- Miami/ Cayman – 2016
- London – 2012 & 2015 & 2019
- Zurich/Munich – 2013 & 2018
The Tour consists of four full days of company presentations that will each provide a great opportunity to learn about the (re)insurance marketplace in Bermuda and expand your industry network. Companies that have confirmed their participation so far include RenaissanceRe, AXIS Re, Allied World Re, Ascot, AXA XL, Third Point Re, Guy Carpenter, QBE & Equator Re, Watford Re, TransRe, Arch, and Marshall Diel & Myers.
You can learn more about our last tour in the 2019 London Tour Report, which can be downloaded here. This report has been a critical tool in ensuring manager support for attending.
The following is brief summary of pertinent information related to the 2020 Educational Tour:
- Arrive in Bermuda by Sunday, May 3rd, 2020. Our first presentation will be held on Monday morning, but we plan to have a group session on Sunday evening.
- The educational part of the Tour will begin on the morning of Monday, May 4th and continue until the evening of Thursday, May 7th.
- Returning flights will depart from Bermuda on Friday, May 8th, 2020 or later based on individual schedules.
- Attendees will be responsible for compiling a comprehensive report summarizing the presentations at the conclusion of the trip.
The total cost of the tour will be approximately $3,000, which considers round trip airfare, transportation, lodging and meals. All presentations and some meals will be sponsored by our company hosts and have no associated charge.
There are a limited number of spaces available so we would advise expressing interest as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that final attendees are subject to approval by the RU40s Tour Committee. Everyone who has attended the Tour in the past found it to be a worthwhile and invaluable experience.